Healthy communities start with clean and safe water, appropriate sanitation and improved hygiene. Relief International partners with communities to develop clean water sources, build sanitation facilities such as latrines and washing stations, and create locally relevant messages about healthy practices such as washing hands.
Our WASH programs:
- Run hygiene campaigns to control and decrease disease outbreaks
- Create water and sanitation services
- Teach and promote behavior change, such as hand washing
- Harness community resources — both financial and in-kind — to establish water and sanitation infrastructures
- Train local leaders to provide, manage and repair water and sanitation services through continual mentorship and start-up funding
Contact RI’s WASH lead at WASH@ri.org.
Learn more about our WASH projects below